Iron Rose Personal Training Studio in the Westboro neighbourhood of Ottawa is owned and operated by Stacey Segstro, a certified personal trainer and kinesiology graduate. She has been helping people to move better and feel better since 1997.
Stacey in Her Own Words
Physical activity has always been a part of my life. I come from an active family and in my youth I participated in dance, tennis, baseball, rhythmic gymnastics, skiing, figure skating and swimming.
I completed a Physical Education (Kinesiology) degree at Brock University in 1996 on the Honour Roll. Since then, I have worked full-time as a personal trainer and personal training manager in Ottawa. After five years at Florida Fitness, then Goodlife Fitness, I opened Iron Rose in 2002 to focus solely on personal training for women.
I continue to train and keep current by attending workshops and conferences each year and reading avidly about fitness, strength, injury, flexibility and nutrition. I also like to try new and creative forms of exercise, movement and sport and often integrated the things I learn from these activities into the personal fitness programs that I develop for clients.
My Personal Fitness Philosophy
- To Challenge – to get clients to try new exercises and movement, to push them harder than they would push on their own, and to keep them motivated through fun and variety.
- To Educate – by passing on the knowledge I acquire through continuing education and reading. My goal is to help clients navigate through the abundance of information on nutrition and exercise, to help them critically read and assess new studies and articles, and to openly communicate about health and fitness.
- To Inspire – through my own life experiences, experiments, successes and, yes, failures with diet, exercise, life balance and sport. Through my experiences I hope to help my personal training clients avoid mistakes and frustration; through my successes I hope to inspire my clients to achieve their goals.
My Personal Training Studio
My personal training clients workout in a custom-built personal training studio located in the home I share with my husband in the Westboro neighbourhood of Ottawa. It is a relaxing, spacious and functional environment and, when the weather permits, we can also train outside in the yard.
The studio includes:
- Cardio equipment: exercise bike and treadmill, skipping ropes
- Free weights and cable weight system
- Squat rack
- Gliding and suspension training
- BOSU, exercise balls and resistance bands
- A growing collection of unique, interesting and fun exercise tools and toys
For more about me, my philosophy and my approach to personal training Ottawa, please read my Articles.